Saturday, February 7, 2009

Catching up

It has been so crazy here lately. We spent a few days with family while Z had some time off. And since then I have been really diligent in my studies. I am currently taking 2 classes through BYU: Early England History (I'm a history major) and Consumer Health. Only 14 credits to go!! I have a midterm waiting for me and I've really been trying to study. Apparently I shouldn't study so hard close to bedtime because the other night I dreamed about England's King Richard II. If any of you know much about English history, he's not one to dream about although it could have been Edward II (gross!). I know, I'm a history nerd and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

In other more exciting news C is almost saying basketball. For those of you who don't get to experience his OBSESSION with basketball consider yourselves lucky. He will say "ba-ba-ball" several hundred times a day. He will grab the remote and change channels till he gets to ESPN then screams "ba-ba-ball" We watch sports center almost everyday. I can tell you tons about college basketball, the NBA, and NFL. The other day I learned about the #2 high school football recruit from HI. His name is Manti, he comes from a really strong family, is an eagle scout, and prayed about his decision for college. Hmmm... could he be LDS? Anyway, C is getting much closer to actually saying the word. Now he's at "Batheball" and "Basekaball" but mostly it is ba-ba-ball. It's really cute although we still hear it all day long.

Last but not least, we bought a hiking backpack for C. We love to hike but have only gone on one mini hike since before C was born. This summer we are determined to hike as often as we can. We were afraid that our little guy would hate the pack. He hates to be confined to strollers and other things that make my life easier. But as luck would have it, he LOVES it! Anytime he sees it he asks to get "uhpah." Our neighbors probably think we're weird as we get all geared up just to walk around the block. Hey, I burn more calories with a kid that size on my back. We took his to Whatcom Falls Park and walked all the trails for about an hour and C was really upset when we got him out. Hooray!!

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Good for you and your history nerd-ism!!!! That brings me back to good memories with you and all your goodnes at AP History. :) Emily sure love ba-ball too...she has been under the influence of the boys in this house too MUCH!!! haha. Love you!!