Monday, October 13, 2008

Mean Mom Mission

In my quest to be a good mom, I am discovering that I need to be a bit mean. Cole is a rather picky eater... I know he's a chunk but he really only eats a lot of a few things. Zack is not a picky eater but he really struggles to gain weight that he needs. (Sad I know) So anyway, I saw Jessica Seinfeld on Oprah promoting her cookbook called Deceptively Delicious. I've been waiting for my turn to check it out at the library for months. While Zack and I eat veggies, it isn't the recommended amount so I decided that we needed it in other things that we eat. I figure that if I can improve our nutrition that we can then improves Cole's. I finally broke down and decided to buy the book. To make a long story short, I went to 2 stores that I was sure would have it and they didn't. I knew that Target had it for $17 but when I got there the label had the book priced at only $9. Of course it rang up for the higher price but they had to give it to me cheap. Ha!

Making the veggie purees really isn't too bad and we've tried several recipes and really liked them. I highly recommend them to anyone. Who knew that spinach would taste good in chicken nuggets? Cole even eats the pancakes and oatmeal.

1 comment:

Rosie said...

I'm a huge fan of this book. Luckily Allison isn't picky yet (she tends to prefer her peas over other foods for the most part) but I anticipate the need to use it at we move into more "true" toddler stages. =)