Monday, October 13, 2008

Baby No More

My little man turned one last week. We celebrated his birthday with a peanut butter and honey sandwich and a trip to the store in his forward facing carseat. Yes, pretty lame but I don't think he expected anything less.

Since we didn't go to Utah we decided to go to Canada. We stayed in a hotel near Vancouver on Thursday night. Zack used to stay at this hotel as a kid and he was so excited to go back. They have an indoor 225' waterslide into the pool. I have to admit that I felt like a little kid running up to the top of the slide. It was a lot of fun. Cole isn't a huge fan of the pool and he was really tired, which didn't help. Zack and I took turns passing him back and forth until he finally fell asleep in my arms. We snuggled under a bunch of towels while Zack went down the slide over and over.

After a restless night we went to the Vancouver Aquarium. It was nice. I wish that we had been more rested but what can you do? The ride home was awful. True to his nature, Cole screamed the whole way. It didn't help that there was a 90minute wait at the border. He fell asleep about 15 minutes before we crossed. Luckily the border agent was nice and just let us drive right through so we didn't wake him. It was a nice and short little trip. Of course we left the camera on the kitchen table so we had to use a disposable camera that we kept in the glove box. Does anyone develop those anymore?!

I have to say that we love having Cole facing us in the car. Anytime we turn to look at him he will dance. It's hilarious. He'll be screaming but will still dance. He also likes to wink at us. If you haven't seen him wink, you are missing out. It's so cute. He squints both eyes. So cute!

No comments: