Ok, it's a new year and you all know what that means- time to set new goals for the year. I just looked through the resolutions that I set for 2011. Shall we take a look?
Blog- blog every 2 weeks or less. I'd say that was a FAIL
Run- I did run a lot last year. Remember how I was training for a marathon. That was scheduled for June. After my 16 mile training run in April I strained my knee so badly that running just about killed me. So, I mostly took 2 months off and just ran the 1/2 marathon. With only a couple runs under my belt between April and June I managed to run the 13.1 miles in 2 hr 18 min. Not too shabby but in April it was 1 hr 45 min. Oh well. But.... I did not run a heck of a lot in the fall so I only barely pass on this one.
Read- Yeah I read a lot of books. Still got some work to do with my scripture reading though.
Lose weight- umm..... no comment. Remember how I haven't been running as much. Yeah, that should sum it all up.
Dates- Zack and I did go on a few dates and we even took a 9 day cruise without kids. I'd still say we barely pass on this one.
That being said, I think that I need to set new goals and try a little harder to complete them. Maybe I should post checkups every couple months on here so I am held a little more accountable. ????
Here are my resolutions for this year:
1)Run- continue to run 1-2x a week.
2)Sew- I have more time now so I don't have an excuse plus I have a machine that functions properly all the time! Woohoo. First up is turning boring black curtains into something more fun. Then my skirt that I've been wanting to make for month.
3)Spend more time on my calling. I'm the YW secretary and I have a few things planned that I am excited about.
4)Diet- Do I want to lose a million pounds? Sure. Is it realistic? Nope. So instead of setting a number I just want to diet for 30 days straight. I've never stuck to a diet but this time Zack's agreed to eat healthier with me. Goodbye dairy, red meat, and most refined sugar. Hello fruits and veggies. We're making apple chips right now. Yum.
I'm gonna leave them at that for now. Did you notice that I didn't put anything about blogging!
What are your resolutions?
1 year ago
1 comment:
I hear you on the sew more. :) I started listing just the projects that I know I already have most of the supplies for and it is scary long. Less TV, more sewing... which means I also need more sleep so I have the energy to do something besides flop on the couch after the kids are in bed.
Post a Comment