If you have never read "iammommahearmeroar.blogspot.com" and you like to craft.... shame on you. Go read her blog. I just found it a couple weeks ago and LOVE it. There are lots of crafty ideas and inspiration. Here are the plain ol socks that I turned into gripper socks for C. We didn't like him to wear these socks because he was slipping on the hardwoods too much. Not anymore. Check it out.
See, he loves them. He's got an obsession with jelly fish right now so they are his fave of the 6 pairs I painted. (I just used Tulip slick paints, from Michaels to put on designs.) So easy and super cute.
This was a plain pink onesie. My friend Michelle is having a baby girl any day and I wanted to do something special for her. So I put the cute heart on the front. But that's not all.
Across the bum it's a tutu!
And since I didn't know how tulle would hold it's shape in the wash, I attached the strip (7 tulle puff balls) to the onesie with velcro. Now Michelle can just yank off the tutu when she tosses it into the wash. I absolutely love this project. I can do a tutorial on it if anyone is interested. It doesn't require a lot of sewing skills.
Genius, right?
Can you tell I have recovered from my bad week? An 8-mile run with my therapist... and I am a new woman. Thanks for listening to all my drama Kaitlyn!
3 comments:
You're so cool! I love them all. I never saw those no-slip socks, but that is so fun! And the onesie... I totally made Dan look even though he was driving at the time. Love it!
Yay for crafting! (And yay for the 8-mile run -- you are the bomb!)
That tutu onesie is awesome! You have such great ideas. I wish we lived closer so we could craft together (which really means that you could help me :)).
Awesome ideas and i will have to check out that blog cuz i've been quite crafty lately. Removable tutu idea is genious!
BECKY
Post a Comment