Friday, October 23, 2009

I wish

I wish that I could say that I've neglected my blogging because I had a baby. The good news is that I only have a couple more days til the c/s unless this little girl decides to come before then. I've been computer-less for awhile. First the internet went down and we couldn't get it back up and running for several days. And then the computer died... it was 8 or 9 years old... so we got a new one. But, we bought the new laptop 2 days before the Windows 7 release so we had to wait until yesterday to get it. Then get the old stuff transferred, etc. So now we are up and running again. I've been really bored without the internet. Who knew I was such a junkie?!

Here's a little taste of what we've been up to.

This was the last zucchini that I pulled from the garden. It was so humongous that it probably would have fed Whatcom County


We bought C a big boy bed since we kinda need the crib. It's a captain's bed so there is a trundle with storage below. Pretty awesome. There's a rail up now because someone decided that more space in bed means rolling in his sleep. Something that he didn't do in the crib.

I think he loves it!

Can you believe that my little man is 2? I'm happy to report that he's in the 90th% for both height and weight. 36" and 32#. He's a big kid. Z is sensitive about head size so all I have to say is that C has a beautiful head. I love it.



Decorating the bean bag game for his party


Practicing for the party

At the pumpkin farm. Yes, I look gross but I wanted to show that C ate that entire apple right there at the farm. Not washed or peeled. Pretty impressive since he usually just chews apple slices and spits them out.

The pumpkin patch. All 4 of us. I'm huge!


With all the unexpected computer problems I felt like I was losing control. But we had some wonderful things happen as well. For starters the baby seems to be nice and healthy. The Dr. is predicting 8.5-9 pounds.
Our mortgage broker called and said that we got approved for a lower interest rate which saves us a good chunk of change each month. Good thing cause we've got to diaper 2 kids pretty soon.
I called to make an appt with my family Dr. because I had a growth on my arm that was constantly bleeding, not to mention disgusting. I went in this morning for a consult and the Dr said it isn't anything to worry about, it's just gross. He decided that he wanted to get it removed on Monday so I don't have to go back after the baby is born. But then he came back into the exam room and said that he was ahead of schedule and was just going to remove it right then and there. C was with me (I would have got a sitter if I had known what would happen) and he just sat in the corner and chatted with the Dr during the whole thing. He did start to cry right at first but I sang the "Itsy Bitsy Spider" with him a couple of times and he was fine. It was amazing. So, no more gross thing, just a couple stitches.
C is also talking a lot more which is making life so much easier. He's always been a pretty good talker for a boy but know he's saying all sorts of things and remember a whole lot more. He's getting really good at the alphabet and if you ask him about the cow he'll tell you more than you wanted to know. Why do kids remember everything that they see?!
That's it for now. Sorry for the ramble.













4 comments:

tomiannie said...

Sigh. Get out here and meet us, babyL! I'm glad your computer woes are behind you and that you only have a few days left. HUGS!

tomiannie said...

Oh, also, I have to say that that pic of C on his big boy bed are about the CUTEST thing I've ever seen. What a big boy!

Rosie said...

you look adorable. =) Bet you can't wait to see your toes again though. Have a happy, new baby kind of week!

Las Lunas said...

Oh my gosh, you don't look gross, you are pregnant, you have the best excuse in the world. You could roll out of bed and not shower for a week and you'd still have the cute pregnant glow!! By the way, your little man is so big and adorable!! And yea, don't worry about head size, Preston is a lollipop head, it's getting better as he gets older, so you guys aren't the only ones!!