Monday, September 14, 2009

Need to laugh?

Today I had a dr. appt. I'm 6 weeks away from delivery. I've got a c-section scheduled already. Anyway, parking at the dr. office is quite tight. If you've ever been to BOGA then you know what I mean. Today parking was especially rough. I managed to get a spot with plenty of room on both sides. Phew. My appt. went great and the baby is doing fine. She was pushing up my lower ribs and the dr. thought it was pretty funny how far up my ribs were sticking out. It's not funny, it hurts like you-know-what.

Now for those of your that need a laugh, just imagine this. I get out to the parking lot and it is even more full that when I arrived. Apparently the person who owned the car next to me was more pregnant that me and needed extra room on the driver side to get out. This meant that I had even less room to shove my belly into my car. I open the car door. Perhaps I could have squeezed in had I not had a basketball in my shirt, but alas I do and I couldn't. I decided that my only options were 1)wait for the person to come out and move their car. or 2) climb through the passenger side and hoist myself over the center console into the driver seat. Can you see where I'm going with this. I couldn't wait because I had errands to run.... errands that I got to do all by myself. So into the passenger side I go. Things are going fine and I've got 1 leg into position. Then it happens. I catch my pants on the e-brake and down go my pants. My pants were caught and there I was, a 34 week pregnant lady yanking on her pulled down pants while straddling the center console of her Nissan Sentra. Yeah, soak that image in. It's the truth folks.

5 comments:

Rosie said...

oh... thats awful. But yay for getting to run errands all along. Such a small but HUGE luxury. =) Scheduled c-sections are awesome. Show up at the hospital, get prepped, get your epidural and have a baby all on a short time table. And then you get to stay in the hospital longer so that you can rest before you have to learn how to mother 2 kiddos. Love it. =)

kaitlyn said...

i wish you had the picture! that is hilarious!

Sarah said...

That's hilarious! At least it is when I wasn't the one with my pants down. I can't believe you only have six weeks to go. Yeah!

JGEM said...

I want to watch that on the movie in heaven!!!!

tomiannie said...

Hahahahahahahaha! That is a pretty hilarious mental image, I have to admit. And anyone who's ever been that pregnant has been in some situation like that, so you're in good company!