Ahem...
1) my husband, Zack. What hasn't he brought to my life. He makes me so unbelievably happy. He spoils me, respects me, and basically puts up with my crazy. He actually enables that crazy! Gosh, I am lucky yo have him.
2) Cole.....that kid can be my trial but wouldn't trade him for anything. He is so silly, creative, and talented in ways that I am not. He challenges me intellectually every. Single. Day. Could he ask more questions?! And lets talk about his artistic ability....where did that come from?
3) Laila, my little lady bug. What a sassy little angel. She is such a snuggle bug. She is so goofy and always making me laugh. I love that she goes with the flow, something C and I struggle to do. She is also way more enthusiastic and unafraid than I ever was. its a little scary.
4) Jesus Christ. Where would we be without our Savior? What would we have without His sacrifice for all of us?
5) A kind and patient Heavenly Father who is always there to listen even when I dont always listen back.
6) My Mom. She taught me everything I know. I love her.
7) my dad....who taught me what it is like to have a loving Priesthood holder in the home. How a husband should love, protect, and respect his wife.
8) sisters. I have the 2 greatest sisters of all time. They are my best friends.
9) brothers... The 3 greatest and weirdest brothers ever. I have some amazing memories with my siblings but very specific ones of my brothers that always make me smile.
10) in laws. Have you met any of my inlaws? Man, I lucked out. I guess us Hills have great taste.
11) neices and nephews that are so cute and say the funniest things. They are also the smartest kids in the world. I think it's been proven.
12) The Holy Ghost. Just now my little Lai came into my room. She often wakes during the night. She seeks comfort with me. Although getting up in the night isnt always fun I know how important it is to find comfort and know where I can turn for it.
13) friends...the ladies that keep me sane. Thanks to them I havent run away to the circus in my hardest moments. They are my support in motherhood and dont know what I would so without them.
14) books. I love love love to read. To get away. To relax. To spark thought. To imagine and create.
15) My grandmothers. Both my grandmas have been such great examples to me. Everyone says that they have a special bond with their grandmothers. Well, i really do. Just ask them.
16) My grandpas are also great examples of loving husbands and supportive fathers. Both my grandpas always took us on fun adventures and key characters in my childhood summer memories.
17) My Aunts, who I have gotten to know much better now that I am an adult. I love and repect them so much.
18) my crazy silly uncles.
19)my mind....notice how I didnt say sanity,
20) I may be a sahm but I am educated and I am thankful for that. Maybe I dont use my history degree everyday...or even weekly, although it came in handy during game night a few weeks ago. My education has given me a work ethic, and given me the resources for learning and for teaching my kids. Crazy as it sounds... Someday I want to go back to school for a masters in education.
21) i am thankful for my talents. I love to sew and sing and cook and occasionally play the piano.
22) the temple. Duh, that should be up a little higher. But this list isnt ranked. I am thankful for the Lord's house and the blessings that come from being there. I am thankful for my eternal marriage.
23) I may not always love it but I am thankful for my body. Sure, I wish I was taller with much thinner thighs but with my body I was able to grow and carry 2 beautiful children.
24) without modern medicine I would not have been able to deliver those children. Thank goodness for sterile operating rooms. And pain pills.
25) My minivan. So trivial but I love that van. Hopefully someday we will have more kids to cart around in it.
26) pinterest is my obsession. How did anyone ever survive without it? How did I ever survive without it? What's that C? Oh you want a science experiment right now? Lets just pinterest it...boom.
27) The rain. I love how after it rains the earth feels clean and fresh. It's just like baptism and repentance. i am thankful for that fresh, clean start. Plus i love to listen to the rain when I am trying to sleep.
28) I am thankful for the scriptures and a modern day prophet for providing me with guidance in my life.
29) noone likes separation. I dont. I didnt. But, I am grateful for the lessons I learned during Zack's deployments all those years ago. I love and appreciate him so much and know that we can make it through everything.
30) Love. I have had so much love in my life. Love from family, friends, my kids. I have felt support from z's family and friends at times when I really needed it. I made it through tough experiences because of the love I had from the people I needed it from.
Why should I be freaking out about being 30? It is just a number after all. I have had 30 incredible years and I can't wait to see what this year brings.
Ok....i am scared that my body is going to go to crap. I guess I need to learn self-control. Maybe that should be my goal for the year.
Now to bed. My little bug has found her way back into my bed and needs a little snuggle. Happy 30 to me and a happy 30 to you all too.
4 comments:
Happy birthday! 30 is definitely scary but I just ignore it and pretend I am still in my twenties ;-). Hope you have a fantastic day today.
I saw your blog on Kaitlyn's list. Very sweet post.
Happy Birthday!!
Haha Andrea. I read your too. Thanks Kaitlyn
Happy Belated Birthday! I had a mini-mid-life crisis when I turned 30, but from what I can tell so far, life just gets better.
Your new house is beautiful! I'm so glad everything worked out.
Post a Comment