Friday, June 3, 2011

FREEDOM!!!

Z and I have never left the kids overnight. We rarely go on dates and get a sitter. The only time we have alone is after the kids are in bed and we are utterly exhausted from the day. So, we decided to finally ditch the kids. Our moms took turns watching the kids while we went on vacation. Z did the planning and since we loved our belated honeymoon cruise in 2006 we decided to do another.

Aboard the Carnival Splendor for a 7 day Mexican Riviera Cruise

Formal night after our first day at sea.

Cabo San Lucas- aka Paradise. It was seriously the most beautiful place ever. We loved it. It was our first stop in Mexico. We were supposed to have a day in Mazatlan but the cruise line canceled that port because of violence so we actually got 2 days in Cabo. We were glad too, because 1 day isn't enough.

Lovers beach.... actually I think we are on Divorce Beach. Lovers Beach was on the other side of the arch. Who cares? It was gorgeous.

In Puerto Vallarta on a pirate boat tour to a private beach. It was fun except that the boat rocked so much I was on the verge of barfing off the back with a bunch of other people. But there was a wild dolphin swimming alongside the boat on the way back to port which was really cool.

The last night on ship..... Again, trying not to barf. The last 2 days at sea were rocky and we spent most of the time in our room cause I was feeling lousy. But don't worry, I wasn't too nauscious to enjoy the AMAZING food!

While I was sea sick half the trip, I would go again. I got to see amazing places, eat amazing food, and spend some quality time with the hubs. I sure do love him. And.... I didn't get tired of seeing his face once! Success. Plus, I got to take 2 hr naps everyday, sleep in, with no cooking, cleaning, or bum wiping!

The kids survived and although they won't admit it, they had fun with their grandmas. My mom took them on a "Grandma cruise" and Z's mom took them "camping." My mom made C a new costume which I will post about later. It requires its own post. It's that amazing. And Z's mom bought C a Power Wheels Ford Pickup truck. He's obsessed with it. It took requires a separate post. According to him, it's that amazing.

All in all the whole trip was, say it with me, amazing! I used that word a lot didn't I?! And if the kids ask, we missed them so much!

5 comments:

JGEM said...

What fun!

Sarah said...

Wow, Sarah, you Skinny Minnie, you look great! Your trip looks fabulous! We have also been date-deprived since having kids. We did a cruise a couple of years ago and went to Cabo, too. (But Sophie was with us, I might add. Not the same.) I think we have a picture of that same beach. :)

Vashti said...

Yeah!! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun. I am so glad that we decided to do it and get away!
I get seasick REALLY easily so a cruise has never really appealed to me, but maybe I need to converse with you further on this if you were sick but still had fun.

BeckyMc said...

You didn't miss anything in Mazatlan. It's not very nice. Puerto Vallarta was our favorite.

Adam and Julia said...

Sounds like a blast! Times like that are rare, so they're amazing when they happen.